- Start Time: 8:00 a.m.
- Start & Finish: Near North Charleston High School at 4720 Jenkins Avenue, North Charleston, SC 29405.
- Route: The Shrimp and Grits 5k will take place in North Charleston, looping through scenic Park Circle. [Download Course Map Below]
- Course Entertainment – Music and performance groups from our local schools and community will dot the course to keep you moving!
- Aid Stations: There will be one aid station in the 5k serving water at mile 1.5.
- Support: There will be ham radio, medical, police and EMS personnel throughout the course, as well as dozens of course volunteers keeping our participants and spectators safe!
- Time Limit: The Shrimp and Grits 5k is a family friendly run and we welcome walkers and runners of all experience levels.
Be sure to look below the map for an important note about parking.
Shimp and Grits 5k Course Map
5K PARKING REMINDER:
The Shrimp & Grits 5K route is part of the Charleston Marathon course. The 5K, Marathon and Half Marathon share a finish line. Therefore, if you park inside of the marathon route you will not be able to exit the area until the marathon is over at 3pm. Roads for the Marathon and 5K will not close until 7:30 am. If you arrive before that time please use caution and do NOT park inside of the marathon route. This map details areas in green where parking is accessible all day and areas in yellow where parking may be open if you arrive before 7:30, but will be closed for the rest of the day for marathon and half marathon runners. 5K runners should try to carpool as much as possible as parking at the 5K is very limited. Once parking at North Charleston High School is full, remember to utilize street parking on the North Side of East Montague, NOT THE SOUTH!