- Start Time: 8:00 a.m.
- Start: Near Burke Middle High School, Charleston SC
244 President St., Charleston, SC
- Finish: Near North Charleston High School, North Charleston SC
1087 East Montague Ave., North Charleston, SC
- Route: The Charleston marathon is scenic 26.2-mile run that will showcase the beauty and the history of the Lowcountry, starting in downtown Charleston and ending in North Charleston. [View and Download the Course Map below]
- Course Entertainment – Music and performance groups from our local schools and community will dot the course to keep you moving!
- Aid Stations: See below for a list of marathon aid stations and their supplies (subject to change):
Stop # Distance Aid Station Overview 1 1.8m Water, Gatorade 2 3.6m Water, Gatorade 3 5.5m Water, Gatorade, Jelly Beans 4 7.8m Water, Gatorade 5 9.8m Water, Gatorade, Cola 6 12m Water, Gatorade, Hammer Gels (Vanilla or Huckleberry), Bananas 7 14.7m Water, Gatorade, Cola 8 16.5m Water, Gatorade, Hammer Gels (Vanilla or Huckleberry), Pretzels 9 18.1m Water, Gatorade 10 20.3m Water, Gatorade, Hammer Gels (Vanilla or Huckleberry), Cola 11 22.2m Water, Gatorade 12 23.8m Water, Gatorade, Hammer Gels (Vanilla or Huckleberry), Pretzels 13 24.7m Water, Gatorade, Bananas 14 26.2m Water, Gatorade, Recovery Food
- Porta-Potties: There will be porta-Potties at every Aid-Station. There will also be indoor bathrooms at the start and finish with additional Porta-Potties and hand washing stations.
- Clothing Drop: There will be a bag drop at the start, and at Aid Stations #2 & #4. You must label them clearly with your bib number and they will be available at the finish area for pick-up after the event. We cannot be responsible for any items left in the street or bags left after the event.
- Support: There will be ham radio, medical, police and EMS personnel throughout the course, as well as dozens of course volunteers keeping our participants and spectators safe!
- Time Limit: 6.5 hours – Note: All runners must finish the full marathon within the 6.5 hour time limit in order to receive an official time and a finisher’s medal. This will be strictly enforced by local authorities, for the health and safety of our participants as the course will then be opened to traffic.