- Start Time: 8:00 a.m.
- Start: Near Burke Middle High School, Charleston SC
244 President St., Charleston, SC
- Finish: Near North Charleston High School, North Charleston SC
1087 East Montague Ave., North Charleston, SC
- Route: The Charleston marathon is scenic 26.2-mile run that will showcase the beauty and the history of the Lowcountry, starting in downtown Charleston and ending in North Charleston. [View and Download the Course Map below]
- Course Entertainment – Music and performance groups from our local schools and community will dot the course to keep you moving!
- Aid Stations: See below for a list of marathon aid stations and their supplies (subject to change):
Stop # Distance Aid Station Overview 1 1.8m Water, Gatorade 2 3.6m Water, Gatorade 3 5.5m Water, Gatorade, Gummy Fruit 4 7.8m Water, Gatorade 5 9.8m Water, Gatorade 6 12m Water, Gatorade, Hammer Gels, Bananas 7 14.7m Water, Gatorade 8 16.5m Water, Gatorade, Hammer Gels , Pretzels 9 18.1m Water, Gatorade 10 20.3m Water, Gatorade, Hammer Gels Cola 11 22.2m Water, Gatorade, Pretzels 12 23.8m Water, Gatorade, Hammer Gels 13 24.7m Water, Gatorade 14 26.2m Water, Recovery Food
- Gels will be combination of Apple Cinnamon, Raspberry, Espresso (Caffeinated) or Tropical (Caffeinated).
- Porta-Potties: There will be porta-Potties at every Aid-Station. There will also be indoor bathrooms at the start and finish with additional Porta-Potties and hand washing stations.
- Clothing Drop: There will be a bag drop at the start, and at Aid Stations 2 & 4. You must label them clearly with your bib number and they will be available at the finish area for pick-up after the event. We cannot be responsible for any items left in the street or bags left after the event.
- Minor First Aid: We will have minor first aid kits with Band aids, Vaseline, Moleskin, etc, at Aid Stations 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11 and 12. These will be self-serve.
- Support: There will be ham radio, medical, police and EMS personnel throughout the course, as well as dozens of course volunteers keeping our participants and spectators safe!
- Time Limit: The course has a 6.5 hour limit. Marathon participants must be able to run or speed walk the first 8 miles of the course no slower than a rate of 4 mph to exit the City of Charleston by 10:00 am (2 hours). This will be strictly enforced by local authorities, for the health and safety of our participants, as the course will then be opened to traffic. Note: All runners must finish the full marathon within the 6.5 hour time limit in order to receive an official time and a finisher’s medal.
Take a virtual ride along the course!