- Start Time: 8:00 a.m.
- Start: Near Joe Riley Stadium at 330 Fishburne St. Charleston, SC 29403
- Finish: Near North Charleston High School at 4720 Jenkins Ave, North Charleston, SC 29405
- Route: The Charleston marathon is scenic 26.2-mile run that will showcase the beauty and the history of the Lowcountry, starting in downtown Charleston and ending in North Charleston. [View and Download the Course Map below]
- Course Entertainment – Music and performance groups from our local schools and community will dot the course to keep you moving!
- Aid Stations: See below for a list of marathon aid stations and their supplies (subject to change):
Stop # Distance Aid Station Overview 1 1.8m Water, Gatorade 2 3.6m Water, Gatorade 3 5.5m Water, Gatorade, Gummy Fruit 4 7.8m Water, Gatorade 5 9.8m Water, Gatorade 6 12m Water, Gatorade, Hammer Gels, Bananas 7 14.7m Water, Gatorade 8 16.5m Water, Gatorade, Hammer Gels , Pretzels 9 18.1m Water, Gatorade 10 20.1m Water, Gatorade, Hammer Gels, Cola 11 21.5m Water, Gatorade, Pretzels 12 23.2m Water 13 24.5m Water, Gatorade, Hammer Gels 14 25.7m Water 15 26.2m Water, Gatorade, Recovery Food
- Gels will be combination of Apple Cinnamon, Raspberry, Espresso (Caffeinated) or Tropical (Caffeinated).
- Porta-Potties: There will be porta-Potties at every Aid-Station. There will also be indoor bathrooms at the start and finish with additional Porta-Potties and hand washing stations.
- Clothing Drop: There will be a bag drop at the start, and at Aid Stations 2 & 3. You must label them clearly with your bib number and they will be available at the finish area for pick-up after the event. We cannot be responsible for any items left in the street or bags left after the event.
- Minor First Aid: We will have minor first aid kits with Band aids, Vaseline, Moleskin, etc, at Aid Stations 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11 and 12. These will be self-serve.
- Support: There will be ham radio, medical, police and EMS personnel throughout the course, as well as dozens of course volunteers keeping our participants and spectators safe!
- Time Limit: The course has a 6.5 hour limit. Marathon participants must be able to run or speed walk the first 8 miles of the course no slower than a rate of 4 mph to exit the City of Charleston by 10:00 am (2 hours). This will be strictly enforced by local authorities, for the health and safety of our participants, as the course will then be opened to traffic. Note: All runners must finish the full marathon within the 6.5 hour time limit in order to receive an official time and a finisher’s medal.
Take a virtual ride along the course!