YOUTH MARATHON REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!
- Join us at Burke Middle High School on January 17, 2014 as we watch hundreds of our community children run on portions of the official Charleston Marathon course.
- Registration will begin at 2:00 p.m. Run begins at 3:30 p.m.
- We will have a family fun area with refreshments, local sports characters, bounce house and more!
- Each child that participates receives a commemorative medal and a Charleston Youth Marathon T-shirt.
The Charleston Youth Marathon Program was developed for the benefit of our community children in the Charleston area. The goal of our program is to:
- Educate parents and children about the benefits of physical fitness
- Encourage children to participate in a physical activity on a daily basis
- Help children make smart choices to reap the benefits of a healthy lifestyle now and into adulthood
- The Charleston Marathon Youth Marathon is open to all children ages 7-17 years old who are in good health.
- The Youth Marathon is a modified marathon, which means your child can run or walk 25 miles prior to race day, and then complete the final 1.2 miles on January 17, 2014.
- Once a child is registered they can log back into their online account to complete their training log each time they walk/run. You can also print out a copy of the 2014 Charleston Youth Marathon Log below and manually log miles. Each child must log 25 miles by race day in order to participate in the final 1.2 mile leg of the Charleston Youth Marathon.
- The Youth Marathon is free and every participant will receive an official Charleston Youth Marathon Medal and Charleston Youth Marathon t-shirt when they turn in their logged miles. Every youth that registers online will have access to sponsor promotions and coupons that we will have online.
- Registration for the Youth Marathon program has been extended until December 31, 2013. Participants must be registered by then to ensure that participants have enough time to log 25 miles and get a t-shirt!
If you are a school starting a Youth Marathon Training Program, please contact our Youth Marathon Director Mike Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org before you register online, to ensure proper tracking and reporting of your group.
*All participants must sign the waiver in order to participate.