Youth Marathon Title Sponsor
YOUTH MARATHON REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN JULY 2016
- Join us at The Charleston Convention Center on January 13, 2017 as we watch hundreds of our community children run on portions of the official Charleston Marathon course.
- Registration will begin at 2:00 p.m. Run begins at 3:30 p.m.
- Each child that participates receives a commemorative medal and a Charleston Youth Marathon T-shirt.
- We will have a family fun area with refreshments, local sports characters, bounce house, face painting and live entertainment.
The Charleston Youth Marathon Program was developed for the benefit of our community children in the Charleston area. The goal of our program is to:
- Educate parents and children about the benefits of physical fitness
- Encourage children to participate in a physical activity on a daily basis
- Help children make smart choices to reap the benefits of a healthy lifestyle now and into adulthood
- The Charleston Marathon Youth Marathon is open to all children ages 7-17 years old who are in good health.
- The Youth Marathon is a modified marathon, which means your child can run or walk 25 miles prior to race day, and then complete the final 1.2 miles on January 13, 2017.
- Once a child is registered they can log back into their online account to complete their training log each time they walk/run. You can also print out a copy of the 2016 Charleston Youth Marathon Log below and manually log miles. Each child must log 25 miles by race day in order to participate in the final 1.2 mile leg of the Charleston Youth Marathon.
- The Youth Marathon is free and every participant will receive an official Charleston Youth Marathon Medal and Charleston Youth Marathon t-shirt when they turn in their logged miles. Every youth that registers online will have access to sponsor promotions and coupons that we will have online.
- Participants must be registered by December 16, 2016 to ensure that participants have enough time to log 25 miles and get a t-shirt! You will not be guaranteed a shirt if you show up the day of the event.
2017 Youth Marathon T-shirt Design Contest
The Charleston Marathon wants to recognize our local budding artists. We are looking for one image to represent our 2017 Youth Marathon on our t-shirts and medals.
One winner will be selected and will receive $100 and the recognition of being the 2017 Youth Marathon t-shirt artist! 2nd place will receive $50 and 3rd place will receive $25. The 2nd or 3rd place winners design will be used on the medals (based on best replication).
1. Open to all CCSD students 2. All print media acceptable (recommend at least 3 colors for best reproduction). 3. Design should include one or more of the following elements: • Charleston scenery • Youth • Fitness/Running 4. All entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 2017 Youth Marathon t-shirt design contest, by October 21, 2016. Our panel of judges will choose the winners and they will be notified by November 1, 2016 . 5. All entries become the property of the Charleston Marathon, which will retain permission and all legal rights to artwork, including all reproductions and photographic rights. 6. The winners selected must certify by signature that the work is original artwork produced for the purpose of the specific 2017 Charleston Youth Marathon T-shirt design contest.
If you are a school or group starting a Youth Marathon Training Program, please contact our Youth Marathon Director Mike Campbell at email@example.com, before you register online, to ensure proper tracking of your group and to ensure they all receive shirts.
*All participants must sign the waiver in order to participate.